Friday, October 21, 2011

Crock Pot Ham

I love slow cookers and use them often. I was able to purchase a new Crock Pot slow cooker at Target a few weeks back on sale. Got a great 7 qrt cooker for under $30. Great deal in my opinion. Crock Pot is a great brand so I felt comfortable knowing that this purchase will last a while. The pot was exactly what I wanted (the interior comes completely out of unit for easy cleaning and storage) and it also is large enough to hold large cuts of meat.

 The first meal made in my new cooker was a ham with cranberry and pineapple glaze. It was excellent. I am providing the recipe for all to enjoy.

Crock Pot Ham with Cranberry and Pineapple Glaze

1 Ham, 8-10 lbs
1 can pineapple chunks, large, undrained
1 can cranberry sauce with whole cranberries
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large orange, sliced into rings

Place ham face down in cooker. Add pineapple chunks and juice, cranberry sauce, and brown sugar. Place orange rings around the ham. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Comes out fork tender, sweet and full of flavor. Definitely on my winter menu.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes