Friday, November 11, 2011

Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole

Since my last post was all about Paula Deen, I want to continue on that path with a recipe I adapted from Ms. Paula's website. My husband is a huge seafood fan. So any recipe I make with seafood is always a hit with him. After visiting Paula Deen's Buffet in Tunica, MS a few weeks back, I was able to located a few specific recipes on Paula's website that I knew were tasty. I hope you enjoy!



Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
Serves 6-8


2 lbs. medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 cup frozen pepper and onion mix
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
2 boxes of cooked wild rice, cooked

Directions

In a large skillet, saute olive oil, butter, garlic, bell pepper and onion until onion is translucent.  Add shrimp. When shrimp are done (pink), add cream of mushroom soup and 2/3 of the grated cheese until cheese is melted. Add cooked rice and pour entire mixture into 9x13 greased casserole. Top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Level of Difficulty: Low-medium (the hardest part is sauteing the veggies and cooking the rice)
Cleanup: Medium (Skillet, rice pot and casserole dish cleanup)
Taste: Great! Very good flavor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes