Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chicken and Rice Bake

I love comfort foods in the Fall and Winter months. I also love one dish recipes that help to cut down on cleanup. I must admit, cleaning is not my strongest asset. I was in the grocery store the other day thinking of simple ways to make chicken and this one popped into my head. I hope you all enjoy....

Chicken and Rice Bake
(Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes)



2 Boxes Chicken and Broccoli Rice Mix, uncooked (I use Rice-A-Roni)
4 Large Chicken Breasts (uncooked and rinsed)
2 cups hot water
1 can Campbell's Broccoli and Cheese Soup
3 T olive oil (enough to coat chicken breasts)
Poultry Seasoning
Garlic Powder
Poppy Seeds

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In dish add uncooked rice and seasoning packets. Add hot water to rice and stir until rice is completely coated. Add soup and stir completely.


Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture. Sprinkle olive oil over chicken breast to coat. Sprinkle poultry seasoning, garlic powder and poppy seeds to taste. A little goes a long way! (Note: if you do not have these items in the pantry, don't worry. Simply use a bit of salt and pepper and this should do fine) Cover dish with foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Uncover and cook additional 15 minutes. 

Warning: Your house will smell yummy for a while. :D
(Per Serving: Serves 4)
Cals: 472   Fat: 10   Carbs: 65   Protein: 34   Sugar: 6

1 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

FYI this turned out to be a bit on the dry side for the rice. I would recommend adding a can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup as well to help. It tasted yummy though!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes