Saturday, November 26, 2011

White Chocolate Cherry Pie

I am always looking for yummy dessert recipes for my kitchen. I love sugar and everything that comes in that blissful world. Though I love sugar, it doesn't love me. It puts on the pounds faster than I can blink an eye. :D The holiday time of year is not the best time to diet or even "cut back" on certain foods. It is hard. With my email and blogger friends it is very tempting to recreate a delicious looking recipe or two. I found an email from Taste of Home for a White Chocolate Mousse Cherry Pie. Sounds super good, right? Super good and packs a whopping 556 cals per slice. OUCH! So I decided to get my tail into the kitchen and whip up a lower sugar/lower calorie version. 281 Calories per serving in my version. Much better.

White Chocolate Cherry Pie 
(Low Fat & Half of the Calories) 
For Filling: 
  • 1 can No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling 
  • 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch 
  • 2 Tablespoons Water 
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 
  • 1 Tablespoon Truvia 

For Topping: 
  • 2 packets (3 oz each) of Jello Instant Pudding White Chocolate 
  • 3 cups milk (not soy-Jello will not thicken) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract 

1-Chocolate Pie Crust 

In a saucepan mix together cornstarch and water. Add pie filling and Truvia and bring to boil. Set aside and add extract. Let cool completely. 

Cherry Pie Filling


In a large bowl whisk together milk and Jello Pudding  mix. Add extract, stir completely. 




Gently pour cherry pie filling mixture into chocolate pie crust. Using a small spoon or spatula, spread pudding mix on top of pie filling. Coating evenly. Place in refrigerator at least one hour before serving. Serves 6-8



Nutrition: 281 Calories, 42 carbs, 6 Fat, 4 Protein, 22 Sugar

Original Recipe Nutrition: 556 calories, 40 g Fat, 46 carbs

1 comments:

mjskit said...

What a delicious pie! Like a huge chocolate covered cherry. YUM!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes