Full of flavor and then some! I was very happy with the way these guys turned out. I just put items in my pantry together, stuffed the peppers and cooked for about 3-4 hours on low heat. It was a breeze to make and didn't heat up the kitchen. Which is always a plus in my book.
I served the peppers with sour cream on the side. Very filling and tasty! Enjoy!
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 cup salsa
- ½ c onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 pack ready cooked rice, Mexican or Spanish rice style
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds; place a small amount of cheese (a pinch) into each pepper; set aside. Sauté onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add corn and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Add black beans, salsa, cumin, chili powder and rice to the pan. Simmer on medium low heat for about 3 minutes. Spoon mixture into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until peppers are tender and filling is heated through. Add remaining cheese to top of peppers for the last 15-20 minutes of cooking time. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Tools Needed to Make this Recipe
Chef or Chopping Knife