The only other appliance or kitchen tool I love more than my slow cooker is my pressure cooker. During Summer in the South, the last thing you want is a hot kitchen from a hot oven. It is hot enough outside!
That being said, I made the best spinach dip yesterday. Put everything in the pot, gave it a quick stir, set on low for 3 hours, then had a very yummy lunch!
You can serve with crusty breads or crackers, tortilla chips or veggies.
Let me know what you think....
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip
• 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
• 1-1/2 cup frozen spinach, chopped
• 1/2 cup sour cream, light
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
• 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• ½ block of cream cheese, cubed
• 1/3 cup onion, chopped
• 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1 T Olive Oil
• Assorted crackers or breads
• Sautee onion in olive oil on medium heat for about 2 minutes, add garlic and spinach. Let simmer for about 5 minutes until spinach is wilted and onions are tender
• In a slow cooker, combine all remaining ingredients and spinach mixture. Stir until well blended. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve with crackers, breads, chips or veggies. Yield: 3 cups.
To make this meal you will need the following tools: