Saturday, August 20, 2011

Salmon Croquettes with Remoulade Sauce

COOKING DISASTERS THAT CAN BE AVOIDED BY CAREFULLY UNDERSTANDING ALL INSTRUCTIONS:

Such a funny story. I have never made these bad boys before so I thought I would try something new. Most of you know I am veggie now but I will eat fish on occasion. Now, with this recipe, I was instructed to put oil in the pan and cook until brown on each side. Well, for some reason my brain told me to deep fry these guys. Nope, the first one I put in the deep fry oil completely fell apart. Then common sense came back to me and I realized you are simply going to saute or brown them. No more than a thin coat of oil in the bottom of pan. Geesh. Been a long week apparently. :D

The croquettes have a good flavor. The remoulade sauce turned out great! I served mine over a bed of red beans and rice. So yummy! Enjoy...




Salmon Croquettes with Cajun Remoulade Sauce

Salmon Croquettes:
2 (6-ounce) cans red salmon
1 minced shallot
1 large egg
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Juice from 1/2 lemon

1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
 
Cajun Remoulade Sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 celery stalk, minced
1 scallion, minced
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
1 tablespoon ketchup
A generous splash or 2 of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
  1. To make Salmon Croquettes: In a large bowl combine red salmon, shallot, egg, Dijon mustard, breadcrumbs, lemon juice and season with cajun seasoning, and mix.
  2. Add Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a pan and saute over medium heat until the croquette is nicely browned and cooked through.
  3. To make Cajun Remoulade Sauce: Start with Mayonnaise, celery, scallions, parsley, capers, ketchup, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Makes 4 servings.

(Recipe adapted from CooksRecipes.com)


__________________________________________________________________

To make this meal you will need the following tools:
Cutting Board
Chopping Knife
Mixing Bowls
Non-Stick Skillet or saute pan







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes