Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cake-Recipes for Baking

A few of you know that I was, for a short while, running a small in-home baking business called "The Cupcake Lady". Though I love baking, it got a bit time consuming with working a full time job and running my accounting business. So I closed up shop but I came across many of my recipes the other day while trying to "clean up" my computer files. I am going to post these recipes weekly for you to look over and maybe get inspired to bake. :D

Cupcake Lady: Recipes for Baking Series 
Printable Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cake

Pumpkin Spice Cake


***Cupcake Lady Original***

2 c all purpose flour
1 t salt
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
2-3 T pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
1 c butter (2 sticks)
3 eggs
3 T sour cream
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1 can pumpkin (Libby’s pure pumpkin)

Preheat oven to 350 F
Soften butter in microwave for 20 seconds on high. (You don’t want to completely melt the butter) Add to stand mixer. Beat on low until butter is fluffy. Slowly add sugars and mix on low. Add each egg one at a time and mix until smooth. Add vanilla.
Sift dry ingredients together and slowly add to liquid mixture while beating on low. Mix thoroughly. Add pumpkin and continue to mix on low.
Place cake mixture into sprayed cake pans and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Top with cream cheese icing for even more flavor! 

Tools Needed for This Recipe:

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes