Bailey's Irish Cream Cake
Chocolate is one of my favorite flavors. I decided to try this very easy cake after sampling Bailey’s Irish Cream. This cake is as sinful as the name and adds a punch to any party!
· 1 box chocolate cake mix
· 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
· 1 T sugar
· 1 T vanilla extract
· 3 eggs
· 1 1/3 c milk
· 3 T sour cream
· 1/4 c Ghirardelli's semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
· 9 T Bailey’s Irish Cream liquor (separate 3 T and 6 T)
· 1 tub Cool Whip Topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Using a stand or hand mixer, whip butter and sugar until fluffy; add vanilla.
3. Add one egg at a time, mix on low speed.
4. Alternate cake mix and milk until completely blended.
5. Melt chocolate chips on medium heat for 2 minutes in microwave or use double boiler.
6. Add sour cream, melted chocolate and 3 T Bailey’s Irish Cream until completely mixed. Do not over mix-this will cause your batter to be stiff and dry out.
7. Spray 2- 9” round cake pans with cooking spray. Separate batter evenly between the two pans.
8. Cook 27-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cool completely on cooling rack
10. Using cake plate or holder, place 1 cake on plate. Pour 3 T Bailey’s Irish Cream evenly over top of cake.
11. Spread 1/2 Cool Whip Topping over cake. Place second cake on top. Pour remaining 3T of Bailey's over cake. Add remaining Cool Whip.
12. This cake must be refrigerated.
Featured Items Needed to Make this recipe: