This makes a lot of dip so it is great for a large crowd. I made this last night for Nathan and me and it was very good. I have seen several "bean dip" recipes out there so I just combined several in my head to create this one. Hope you enjoy.
Hot Bean Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 (31 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper blend seasoning, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in the refried beans, taco seasoning, green onions, 1/2 the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 the Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 inch baking dish. Top with remaining Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is slightly browned. NOTE: You might want to place a cookie sheet under dish, the mixture might spill over the edge if it gets too hot.
Featured Items for your Kitchen