Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spinach and Mushroom Pizza

I am always looking for ways to make my cooking time shorter and a bit easier. I also like to try out new ideas that just "hit me". I was craving a spinach pizza the other day so I decided to make my own. I took a tip from Sandra Lee of the Food Network and made it "Semi-Homemade" style. It turned out very well and I wanted to eat the entire thing by myself. :D The hubs loved it too.

Note about cheese: I usually use block cheese that I hand grate because the pre-shredded cheeses have a powdery film and do not seem to melt as well. 

Spinach and Mushroom Pizza

1 Frozen Cheese Pizza of your choice-I used Tony's Four Cheese
1/2 block of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
2 cups frozen chopped spinach (I like a lot of spinach)
1 cup sliced mushrooms-I used white button caps
1/2 white or red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T Olive Oil
2 T Parmesan Cheese-shredded
1 t red pepper flakes
1 t salt
1/2 tub of Philadephia cooking creme-garlic  flavor

Preheat Oven as indicated on pizza box. In a saute pan caramelize onions in oil (about 3-4 minutes on medium high heat). Add garlic and mushrooms to the party and cook another 2 minutes. Add spinach (does not have to be thawed), salt and pepper flakes and cook until spinach is bright green and wilted. Remove from heat. Add cooking cream, stir and set aside.

Sprinkle half of the Monterey Cheese over frozen pizza and cook for 10 minutes. Take out pizza and place spinach mixture evenly over the pizza. Add remaining cheese and cook an additional 10-15 minutes. This is a really solid pizza that fills you up. If you like spinach dip or spinach and artichoke dip....you will love this pizza!

_________________________________________________________

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes