Sweet and Creamy Coleslaw....Heaven! Just in time for Labor Day Weekend fun! What are your plans for this holiday weekend? The hubs and I are heading to a couple of comic book stores, a movie and shopping. Fun times! So tonight to kick off the weekend right, I made finger foods, drank fruity beer, had a couple of glasses of wine and lots of laughs watching Entourage.
My "finger foods" consisted of cheese, crackers and grapes for starters with a glass of wine. Then finished with Smoked Salmon Pinwheels (recipe for tomorrow) and a side of my sweet coleslaw. I should not say "my" coleslaw since I did not originally create the recipe. I saw it on AllRecipes.com (one of my fave sites by the way)! Go here for the original recipe
I made a few adjustments, as you will notice, but I love this slaw! My husband tried to eat the entire bowl but I had to fend him off with a fork since I need slaw for slaw dogs tomorrow for lunch. LOL! I hope you all have a wonderful and happy Saturday! Be safe this weekend and drink and cook responsibly. :D
No Pic with this one guys and gals....sorry....
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons diced onion
- 2/3 cup creamy salad dressing or mayo
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola
- 1/2 cup white sugar; or 3 packets of Truvia
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry (optional)
- Combine the coleslaw mix and onion in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the salad dressing, vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, curry, and poppy seeds in a medium bowl; blend thoroughly. Pour dressing mixture over coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.