Now, with this recipe I decided to take spin off of a family recipe I had that used processed American cheese. I am really trying to watch my "artificial" intake so I opted for real cheeses instead. Artificial=salt. Salt + Crystal=water retention. Ugh.On a natural medicine note: dandelion root really helps with water retention and detoxes the liver. You can search for dandelion root tea on Amazon. See link. Dandelion Root Tea - 30 - Bag
Now onto the recipe:
Crock Pot Creamy Potatoes
- 1 package (2 lbs) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tub PHILADELPHIA Cooking cream-garlic flavor-You can use the entire tub if you like garlic
- 1/2cup diced scallions
- Place potatoes in a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, scallions, pepper and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream cheese. Cook another 10 minutes until cream cheese is thoroughly warm. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Featured Items for your Kitchen