Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crock Pot Creamy Potatoes

I love Crock Pot Potatoes. Who is with me? I am always looking for new potato recipes. I need a few more "low fat" ones though. Hey if you have a good low fat recipe, please send my way so I can try! :D

Now, with this recipe I decided to take spin off of a family recipe I had that used processed American cheese. I am really trying to watch my "artificial" intake so I opted for real cheeses instead. Artificial=salt. Salt + Crystal=water retention. Ugh.On a natural medicine note: dandelion root really helps with water retention and detoxes the liver. You can search for dandelion root tea on Amazon. See link.  Dandelion Root Tea - 30 - Bag

Now onto the recipe:


Crock Pot Creamy Potatoes
Ingredients
  • 1 package (2 lbs) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream mushroom soup
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • ½ cup milk
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 tub PHILADELPHIA Cooking cream-garlic flavor-You can use the entire tub if you like garlic
  • 1/2cup diced scallions
Directions
  • Place potatoes in a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, milk, sour cream, scallions, pepper and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
  • Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cream cheese. Cook another 10 minutes until cream cheese is thoroughly warm. Yield: 12-14 servings.
I served my dish with a side salad of mix greens, feta cheese, tomatoes and a chipotle ranch dressing. It was very good. :D
    ________________________________________________________________


    Featured Items for your Kitchen





    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes