Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vegetable Pot Pie

Comfort food of Fall. Boy oh boy I could write about different recipes all day. From Mac and Cheese to soups and stews. One quick and easy recipe I make is vegetable pot pie. Now, for all of my meat fans out there, you can easily add a can of chicken to this to make traditional chicken pot pie. It is that easy. I must say, I had no idea how many calories were in a premade pie crust. Holy Moly! Almost 900 calories in just one crust! So I opt to not put a crust on the bottom of the pan, that and I do not like "doughy" crust. Even if you
prebake the bottom shell, it will still come out doughy to me.



Vegetable Pot Pie

2 cans of Veg All diced vegetables (12-14oz cans), drained
1 can cream of potato soup
1 small can cream style corn
1 Tablespoon sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon of sage
2 Tablespoons of milk
1 pre made pie shell (crust) such as pillsbury. Not frozen.

Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients(not pie shell of course). Prep Pie dish with butter or Pam spray. Pour combined ingredients into pie dish. Carefully cover with pie shell and form to edges to keep from running over. Either cut slots in pie shell at this time or cut out design in order to create a vent for pie. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until shell is golden brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes