Monday, September 19, 2011

Cheese Tortellini Soup

Autumn is approaching in TN and I love it! Fall is my favorite season so I have to celebrate. A few ways I celebrate this time is by decorating, cooking and cleaning. I know, I know, cleaning should be daily, but I mean deep cleaning. I love a clean house, smells of fall candles burning in each room and pumpkin spice in the oven.

I also really enjoy making my dollar go a long way by making meals that I can get several servings. One of these meals is a quick cheese tortellini soup. It is very simple to make, full of veggies and nutrients, and does not cost much to make.

Picture borrowed from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sun-dried-tomato-tortellini-soup-10000000689966/


Cheese Tortellini Soup
(Prepared in Pressure Cooker)

1 medium onion, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 can Italian style tomatoes, diced
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
1 cup vegetable broth
1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil

On "brown" mode on the pressure cooker, saute onions, garlic, mushrooms and zucchini in oil. Add salt and pepper. Add spinach and tomatoes and saute for about 4 minutes. Set pressure cooker for 8 minutes on high heat. Add remaining ingredients and set. That's all folks!

If you want to make on the stovetop, do the same steps as mentioned above on medium high heat for the saute. Turn down heat to medium low then let cook for at least 30-45 minutes. Stir on occasion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes