Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tilapia Po Boy Sandwiches

I was telling you that all that I will still eat fish on occasion, though I am vegetarian. Tilapia is one of my favorite types of fish because of the mild fish flavor. I altered this recipe, just a bit, from the Salvo-lutions blog. Thanks for the inspiration!


Tilapia Po Boy Sandwiches

2  7 oz  Tilapia Fillets
1 tomato
1/2 red onion sliced 

3 to 4 leaves of Romaine lettuce (I used mixed greens, I am a  spinach girl!)
A good loaf of crusty bread like Italian
1/2 cup of Mayo ( I used lite)
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime

salt/pepper to taste
cajun seasoning for fish (one pinch on each side)

For the Po'Boy. In a skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 tablespoon of butter, cook the fish. (about two minutes on each side on medium heat) Sprinkle cajun seasoning on fish while cooking. In a bowl mix the mayo, cilantro, salt/pepper, and lime juice together. Taste and season if necessary. Slice the bread and toast (optional) Spread the mayo on both sides of the bread. Next add a layer of lettuce, then tomato, onion and finally the fish. Top with the other side of the bread, cut in half and enjoy!

Serving Options: This will go well with fries, sweet potato fries, fruit or a side salad. I served mine with diced cantaloupe and it was wonderful! 

________________________________________________________



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes